MILFORD, Ohio--United Church of God elders have nominated nine fellow elders to fill four open seats on the 12-man council of elders.
Voting for the four spaces will take place in May 2009 at the general conference of elders in the Cincinnati, Ohio, area.
For the open "international" position, elders will choose between David Baker of Honeoye Falls, N.Y (who serves in Africa, even though he lives in New York), and William Eddington of Melbourne, Australia.
For the three spots open to U.S. elders serving in the U.S. ministry, fellow elders will choose from:
- Gary Antion, Batavia, Ohio
- Scott Ashley, Arvada, Colorado
- Jim Franks, Milford, Ohio
- Doug Horchak, Plano, Texas
- Richard Pinelli, Batavia, Ohio
- Melvin Rhodes, Lansing, Michigan
- Richard Thompson, Eustis, Florida
Mr. Eddington, Mr. Pinelli and Mr. Thompson are current council members running for reelection.